Charles Darwin’s seminal work, On the Origin of Species, was published in 1859. For Darwin, there was no Eureka moment, rather the slow and patient acquisition of data that eventually lead him to conclude only those species able to adapt were destined to survive. A bit like our new Bib Tights. Responsibly designed to last for years, they are built around a uniquely adapted Pearson PhD pad. Its construction, for maximum riding comfort, is based on our own data, accumulated during a decade of Pearson bike-fitting expertise.
We are so proud to have designed a near 100% recycled, hard wearing bib tight, with our own uniquely developed, highly breathable comfort performance pad to extend any ride. Durable Roubaix fabric has a smooth outer to improve aerodynamics, while the inside features a gentle brushed finish. The thermal material offers ease of movement and excellent stretch; the tights are easy to pull on and allow almost frictionless motion when riding, perfect for when the mercury starts to drop.
A high-cut thermal waist keeps the abdomen and kidney area protected from the cold, while the breathable, high-wicking mesh bib (also recycled) is finished with smooth elastic to eliminate discomfort. We’ve also removed intrusive seams at potential friction points, employed subtle but tough ACTIVESEAM® merrow stitching for long life, and a tough bonded gripper keeps the tights snug at the ankle. Available in black with a dark-reflective Pearson logo, or navy with a white Pearson logo.
• Exclusive Pearson House Design (PhD) pad.
• Insulating Roubaix material.
• Stretch for ease of movement.
• High-cut thermal waist.
• Breathable mesh with bonded elastic edge detail.
• Bonded ankle gripper.
• 100% Recycled fabrics (includes main and bib section).
• Exclusive '1860' reflective detailing.
• Main fabric: 78% recycled nylon; 22% recycled Lycra.
• Mesh bib section: 73% recycled Nylon 27% recycled Lycra.
• Merrow ACTIVESEAM® technology.
• ‘Pearson House Design’ Half Moon breathable layered pad.
• Reflective detailing on rear of legs above overshoe level.
• Reflective side tabs on thigh and calf.
• Reflective Pearson thigh logo.
Pearson bib tights are close fitting and should sit comfortably over a base layer.
- S – 30″ (76cm)
- M – 32″ (81cm)
- L – 34″ (86cm)
- XL – 36″ (91cm)
- XXL – 38″ (96cm)